17 May 2009

Cue Romania!


'The Balkan girls, they like to party like nobody.' - Elena (not me, idiot)

Sunday, 5:28 a.m.
I love, love, love me some online video.  SBS has posted the Eurovision semi-finals, and OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS.  I generally avoid the semis because I like the competitors to be a surprise on the night, but I couldn't resist.  I've got a LOT of time to kill right now (I'm here until 10:30 a.m., and I've been alone in the Tower since Tim left at about 1:30 a.m., and while we're on the topic, can we all pour one out for the Boston Bruins? [sigh]) and four hours of EuroTrash seemed to be the way to go.

I was not wrong.  I think Finland is my favourite so far (how old is he?), but Azerbaijan has some yummy tronic dancing girls and I'm an easy sell.  (I swear to god, one of them just mimed fisting.  Inappropriate, Azerbaijan!  Or are they just going for the voting bloc that got Serbia up in 2007?)  And hey, if you want old dudes in sequins and borderline racism, we got that too!

I was also reminded for some reason of Billy Connolly's joke about his beard having turned 'Turkish hooker blond' as he got older.  Can't think why that would have been....

And in case you were wondering, this is apparently what an anti-crisis girl looks like.  I'm not sure which of those words is the biggest lie.

No comments: